Confirmation Statement: Everything You Need to Know
What is a confirmation statement?
A confirmation statement is the new term for the more commonly known annual return.
What is the purpose of a confirmation statement?
It is a yearly requirement by Companies House to ensure your company information is up-to-date and relevant.
Check your company’s details:
Changes you will have to make prior to sending your confirmation statement:
- the details of your registered office, directors and secretary
- the address where you keep your record
- register of ‘people with significant control’ (PSC)
Changes you can make when you file your confirmation statement:
- statement of capital and shareholder information if your company has share
- SIC code(the number that identifies what your company does)
- exemption from keeping a PSC register
- trading status of shares
What happens if nothing has changed?
A confirmation statement must be filed even if there haven’t been any changes to your company.
When is my confirmation statement due?
A confirmation statement must be filed at least once every 12 months. The 12-month review period starts:
- the date your company incorporated or;
- the date you filed your last annual return or confirmation statement
You will be able to file your confirmation statement up to 14 days after the due date (above). The easy way to find the due date is to check it in Company House website, by typing your company name.
How do I to submit your confirmation statement?
There are two methods that you can use to submit your confirmation statement either online, or by post. This will cost you £13 and £40 respectively. This service is included in all-inclusive packages we offer to our clients.
You can find more information about confirmation statement by following the link to our recent video covering this topic.
If you are unsure about filing your confirmation statement, feel free to contact our team. Our professional accounting and tax advisers will be happy to assist, to ensure you can submit your confirmation statement with confidence.
Author: Olivia Quincey